Its time to start asking questions.
How can we shift the panic and fear of the coronavirus to an opportunity to take care of ourselves and finally make a change in our lifestyles and choose to heal ourselves and strengthen our immune systems?
What is going on in the world and society external to us is a reflection to what is going on on the internal. There is a a threat to our weak and compromised. What inside of our families, our society, our bodies is weak and compromised and how can we heal this? How do we feel out of control of our health and a victim to external invasion and just because we feel out of control, are we really helpless?
Yes, be prepared, wash your hands for 20 seconds, protect your weak, and immune compromised but don’t allow fear to weaken you. Take action in what you can control. How many people die of heart disease and diabetes, suicide, hunger and preventable diseases every year? This virus can be the last straw, giving us a wake up call that we are indeed a diseased society but we are not helpless.
All of you with preexisting conditions, can you use this as an opportunity to heal and make choices to heal so you aren’t weak and compromised? How can we prevent ourselves from being weak and compromised because if its not this virus it will be something else that may be and is most likely preventable?How can we help the weak and compromised to strengthen their bodies and immune systems?
How can we make this an opportunity educate the masses on holistic health create awareness of the impact of our diets and lifestyles on our immune systems and health? Can we turn this fear into excitement and passion to take action to take care of and educate ourselves? This is a time to do educate yourselves on how to take care of your immune system through diet and meditation and alternative medicine and to seek out experts in alternative medicine and healing, read books at the library, articles and research on the internet, watch documentaries and YouTube videos, seek out classes in how to heal ourselves.
Can we use this as an opportunity to learn how to get in touch with our bodies so we can make these choices naturally and instinctively? Learn how to hear and feel our intuition, so maybe we don’t feel like going to an event that someone has been compromised. If we are in touch with our inner vision, we will need to wash our hands or take a natural antiviral food or herb, or skip the alcohol or cake that might weaken us enough to get sick. Can we learn how to feel our bodies and natural instincts so we crave foods and activities that heal and prevent illness?
Simple things you can do now to protect your immune system.:
- choose tea and water over sugary drinks and alcohol, stay hydrated.
- choose to turn off the computer and our phones and rest and get enough sleep.
- exercise and spend time out in nature, getting sun and fresh air.
- choose healthy fruits and vegetables with vitamins and antioxidants. Eat organic as much as possible, and if you cant afford organic choose foods that have been made as local as possible with less preservatives from traveling long distances. Keep your food as least processed as possible.
- limit refined sugars and grains
- reduce foods that cause inflammation
- Take your vitamins and minerals and ask professionals to suggest supplements that wont interact with medicines that you may be taking.
- Seek out a healer, a naturopath, an acupuncturist, a massage therapist, a cranial -sacral therapist, a mental therapist, life coach, etc. Seek help and resources to help you to nourish and take care your hearts and spirits
- Seek out yoga and restorative yoga, tai qi, qi gong to help you get back in touch with your body. (there are plenty of free videos if you search the internet, if you cant afford it.)
- to choose health and well being and take actions and make choices in that direction rather than fear and hoarding and isolation and panic.
6 Free and Simple Ways to Help Your Body Heal Itself
Sometimes the best way to get out of bad habits is to create a new habit that is more rewarding to our body, mind and spirit.
Below are some free, easy simple ways aid your body in it’s natural ability to heal itself. Start with 1 or 2 and pay attention to how your body feels.
1. Get enough sleep: Do not use computers, phones, tv after 10:30 pm-This is just one article to explain how they disrupt your sleep. Sleep is important you’re your body to recover and heal itself.
2. Reduce sugar, dairy, caffeine and alcohol and processed food intake: These foods all take energy for your body to process which takes away from it’s reserves to heal itself.
3. Take 15 minutes or more of time outside in nature: listen, look, smell, and feel your surroundings- Trees, birds, plants, rocks, etc all live in the present moment, by taking the time to sit with nature, we are able to resonate with the present moment and find clarity and peace outside the chaos of our minds and society.
4. Move for at least a half hour a day: What ever you decide to do whether light stretching, walking, running, dancing, tai chi, yoga, swaying back and forth in place will help the blood flow in your body of which in turn helps your body to heal it’s self.
5. Daily practice: whether it is meditation, mindful dish washing, painting, yoga, crafting etc.- your body needs to get out of it’s logical mind of which uses up energy that it needs to use to heal itself. Below is just one article about this:
6. Drink 64 ounces or more of water a day. depending on your body weight. Most people are dehydrated, and your body cannot heal itself when it is dehydrated. Chronic dehydration leads to inflammation, depression, fatigue, heart burn, and many more disorders. Soda, coffee, juice, sugary drinks and even tea are all diuretics meaning they take water away from your body so if you feel the need to drink something other than water, you will need to add extra water above those 64 ounces . Below is just one article that explains a little more about chronic dehydration.